Secondary Sports Programme
INNORUN programme is based on an in-depth study and understanding of the physical, psychological, emotional, and educational needs of all secondary school children. We believe that all aspects of secondary school education should be covered through our unique sports programme.
INNORUN programme focuses on providing students with opportunities to participate in multiple sports endeavors outside school. As a result of these opportunities, students improve not only their skill level but also learn the values of sportsmanship, teamwork, dedication, and the joy of competition.
INNOFIT PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS
- INNORUN programme is age appropriate and inclusive
- This programme is specially designed for children above 10 years of age
- Student teacher Ratio 25: 1
- Develops proficiency in sports
- focuses on creating learning environment and learning opportunities than teaching skills through drills
- Includes modified games of specific sport to learn and develop skills.
- 70% Game play/ competitive based approach in each session/ lesson
- Every day game play with modified rules to develop the particular skill in game situation
- Small sided competitive match play (intra class)
- Improves the health & fitness levels of all children
- Leads to development of leadership and social skills in children
- Includes platform for observation &measurement of fitness and life skills
- Prepares students for excellence in school, career and life
- Skill specific coaching points for each level
- Inter House and Inter school competitions
- Healthance Report Card/Active Skills Report Card
CURRICULUM PHILOSOPHY AND TEACHING METHODOLOGY
INNORUN programme concentrates on developing each child’s skills in individual and team sports It is based on SRPF Theory i.e. Skill related physical fitness.
Skill related fitness consists of fitness components like agility, balance, coordination, power, reaction time and speed. These components are important to success in skilful activities and athletic events
It includes decision-making games and enhancing advance skills and capabilities.
Equipments are critical components of a quality physical and sports education programme. They not only provide tools needed to keep sufficient number of students involved in a particular activity, but it can also be used to differentiate instruction, increase the levels of students participating and their enjoyment of PE and sports, and build an individual’s self-confidence and self-efficacy.